cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V - Clustered Storage and Veritas Backup Agent

sam36
Level 4

Hello all,

I have a strange problem. on my Hyper V server 2016, the hosted vm terminal server freezes for a few seconds every few hours.

I have not configured any shadow copies, and the only message I can find in the log is event 7036. The shadow copies service starts and ends 3 minutes later. During this time an RDP session is frozen.
However, no shadow copies are configured, and no backup is running. 

On my hyper-v servers the backup exec agent 21 are installed.  
I'm sure no jobs are running, but the backup agent still seems to be doing something. after deactivating the service, no more errors occurred and no snapshots were taken.

Why does the agent take a vss snapshot? even if no backup is running?

I hope anyone can help

Regards 
Stefan

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Unless the agent is trying to contact the media server at certain times, it shoudn't do that. Try upgrading the agent with any updates and see if this fixes the issue. Media server upgrade, depending on your version, might also be a good plan.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

seems similar to this https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100045623
Whats the make model of Hyper V server ?

Thank you for response, i will testing the possibilities and give feedback.

Regards 

Stefan

Hi,

i am updateing all drivers, bios etc from my dell server. i have updated my veritas backup version to the newest version.

But, i have the same problem. the vss service starts at irregular intervals., so that my rdp users who works on the hyper-v hosts have a little connection break. Now i have deactivated the veritas backup agent....

Does someone have another idea?

Regards 

Stefan