cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V Machines Keep Appearing in Backup and Restore Tab 2014

Cat_Adams
Level 5

I have installed Backup Exec 2014.  In the Backup and Restore tab All Servers,  the Hyper-V Machines keep being added to the list.  Not the Host Servers but the Virtual Machines.  I remove them and they pop back in.  How do I stop that from occuring??

Thanks much

Cathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Glad to hear that...can you post a screenshot please Cat?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV

...do they have remote agents installed on them?

THanks!

Cat_Adams
Level 5

Hey there CraigV.  Thanks for the reply.

I have 7 that do have agents installed and those are fine.  But the ones showing up do not have an agent installed. 

And by the way,  love the new 2014 version.  That has resolved a lot of issues that I was having.

Thanks

Cathy

CraigV

Glad to hear that...can you post a screenshot please Cat?

Thanks!

Cat_Adams
Level 5

Not sure what screenshot you would like.  Currently, I have removed all of the "rouge" servers that do not belong.  They will show up again later on .  Is that what you would like to see??

Thanks

Cathy

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

A screenshot of the Backup and Restore Tab showing the rouge servers. Is it similar to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH225599

Cat_Adams
Level 5

Yes that is the same screen (without the weird characters).

The rouge servers have not shown up in the past 24 hours so I am assuming that all is okay now.  not sure why they were showing up at all.

I have a new problem now.  Will post later.

thanks much.

Cat_Adams
Level 5

CraigV:

Over the weekend 20 servers decided to add theirselves to the list.  I am attaching a WORD document with a screen print of the rouge servers.  Hopefully you will be able to assist now.  Also,  these servers do NOT have an agent on them.  I only have 4 or 5 that do.

Thanks so much

Cathy