cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HyperV Backup failing with "Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed."

Andrew__Thompso
Level 4

Morning all,

Last week i was testing out VMWare. I copied 1 of my virtual machines vhd file to the desktop and then used that desktop copy to use the VMWare Converter to convert to a VMWare image.

The actual vhd image was untouched (apart from copying it to another lcoation), this VM has never used snapshots either and has none associated with it.

Ever since then my backup has been failing, tripping up on that virtual machine:

Every article is find is related to the same error but with Exchange. This particular backup doesnt backup Exchange - Just HyperV machines.

Can anybody suggest anything?

Thanks

Backup Exec 2010 R3 on a Server 2008 box, backing up the HyperV machines remotely

Backup
V-79-57344-34070 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "VRTSRV::\\HYPERV.my.domain.co.uk\Hyper-V?Virtua...
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on...
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Andrew__Thompso
Level 4

THankyou Craig,

There is a warning on the HyperV server just before time of failure:

There was insufficient disk space on volume \\?...761-11e0-a9dd-0015174e9f81} to grow the shadow copy storage for shadow copies of \\?...761-11e0-a9dd-0015174e9f81}.  As a result of this failure all shadow copies of volume \\?...761-11e0-a9dd-0015174e9f81} are at risk of being deleted.

How do i know what those number strings relate too?

CraigV