cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CAN'T SEE THE SQL SERVER AND DATABASES

Marco_Bartolucc
Level 3
Hi,
I have two SQL cluster node (cluster A and cluster B), and I try to backup them from anther server where is installed backup veritas 10.d.

When I select the cluster A I see all: disk, share and MS SQL SERVER, but when I select the cluster B, I see only disk and share, not MS SQL SERVER.
I have installed on my backup server the SQL agent and remote agent, at the same time. I don't know why in cluster A I see the sql server and in cluster B I don't!
I have no error message, I try to startup the remote agent in debug mode on the remote server, but in the debug file, don't appear any errors...
I have installed the remote agent on two servers of cluster A, and the remote agent on two servers of cluster B. I have installed 2 licence of SQL agent too.
With the same licence I make backup on other server, on the same network, where is installed MS SQL SERVER too.
Why I don't see the MS SQL server only on the cluster B?

Is there someone to help me?

Thanks!Message was edited by:
Marco Bartolucci
9 REPLIES 9

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Have you installed two licenses for SQL and also installed remote agents on both the cluster nodes? In case not, you will have to install them in order to successfully back them up.

If they are already installed, ensure that the remote agent service is runing on both the cluster nodes using the local system account.
Revert with details if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Marco_Bartolucc
Level 3
> Hello,
>
> Have you installed two licenses for SQL and also
> installed remote agents on both the cluster nodes? In
> case not, you will have to install them in order to
> successfully back them up.
>
> If they are already installed, ensure that the remote
> agent service is runing on both the cluster nodes
> using the local system account.
> Revert with details if the issue persists.
>
> Note : If we do not receive your reply within two
> business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed
> answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’
> pool.
>
> Regards.

I have installed the remote agent on two servers of cluster A, and the remote agent on two servers of cluster B. I have installed 2 licence of SQL agent too.
With the same licence I make backup on other server, on the same network, where is installed MS SQL SERVER too.
Why I don't see the MS SQL server only on the cluster B?

Thank you.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Marco,

Do you want to backup the MS SQL server that is the SQL server or the Backup Exec instance?

If you have purchased licenses then you should be able to see the SQL databases for backup.

Have you installed the remote agent on to the other server.

Please elaborate if our understanding is incorrect.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Marco_Bartolucc
Level 3
Hi Rucha,
I want to Backup the MS SQL server that is in the SQL virtual server on cluster B. The instance of Backup Exec is in another machine, on the same network.
The remote agent is installed and the service is active:
I can't see only the MS SQL server, but the drive (C and E disk) are visible and are not in grey!
I dont't understand why!

Thank you.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
If you have SQl server on a third location in the same network, you need a third license for this It appears that you are lacking one license which is the cause of the problem.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Marco_Bartolucc
Level 3
Hi,
I am tired to test this product that doesn't work!!!
I have installed other 5 licenses sql, but the result is the same....
I think that we will change product, since this is not reliable.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Marco,
How many instances of SQl do you have in total.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Marco_Bartolucc
Level 3
Hello,
I have 3 instances of SQL in total:
2 instances are in 1 node cluster with 2 servers, and they are active - active
the other instance is in other node cluster, with 2 servers, but they are active - passive.

All the servers are in the same network, and there aren't firewall...

Thank you.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following link for more information:

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/247547.pdf

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.