I HOPE ALL DOING WELL
HOW CAN I MAKE BACKUP TO DELL POWER VAULT TL2000 BY UESING SYMANTEC BACKUP EXAC 2010
I NEED SOMEONE FROM THCHNICAL SUPPORT OR ANYONE CAN HELP ME AND IF HE CAN WITH IMAGE OR VIDEO TO SHOW ME THE WAY TO MAKE BACKE UP
OR JUST TEXT TO KNOW ME THE SEQUENCE OF STEPS THAT MUST BE FLLOWED
BEST WISHES TO ALL
1) Do not use capitals for your post. It is shouting and it is rude.
2) The best place to start is to read the Admin Guide which is found in the BE installation directory.
1) Make sure OS detects the hardware (Medium changer and the Tape drive)
2) BE will detect the library only if its detected by the OS
3) Install Microsoft Drivers for the medium changer so that it appears as Unknown Medium Changer
4) Install Symantec drivers for the tape drive
5) Configure backup and target it to the tape drive
...you'd actually start with creating a selection list, creating a job or policy, and THEN configuring your library. If Windows sees it, BE sees it. If it has more than 2 tape drives, you need an extra Library Expansion Option license to use the second drive. Use the Symantec drivers for the tape drive, and then make sure the robotics shows Unknown Medium Changer.
How you actually use your autoloader though is up to you...