cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can install Remote Agent to Workgroup server but can't see it in the console to do jobs

macpiano
Level 6

I had this working a while back and I was able to use the SQL etc. backup like for a normal server in the domain. It is not working now. This is a seperate server not on the domain. I can do user defined and see the c drive etc. but not the normal SQL database files in the selection list. I cannot browse to it through the normal resource selection process. This is 2010 R3. I was able to reinstall the agent from the BE console and it knew it needed 2 updates.

thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

macpiano
Level 6

I was able to add the server under Favorite Resources, then Windows System. From there it allowed me to select the SQL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Well, if you can see the C:\ drive then the RAWS agent is working. It won't selectively show you resources on the server.

Check and make sure that you have an SQL agent license installed on the media server. If not, you need to purchase one...if it exists, then uninstall the agent and reinstall it.

Make sure that the media server and remote server/s are also updated with the latest patches.

Thanks!

macpiano
Level 6

I was able to add the server under Favorite Resources, then Windows System. From there it allowed me to select the SQL.