cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not get linux backup

Luiz_Avelino
Level 2

Hello people. I'm not getting back up my Linux servers.
I have BE 2010 R2.

1 - I added the IP of the linux server in User-Defined Selections and I can see the tree of directories and select the folder I want to back up.

2 - With the right mouse button over the same IP Linux server and select the Connect As option and select the root User Linux server.

3 - In Resource Credentials option I can validate the User to test all - ok test.

4 - After I create a new job using the Backup selection list.

5 - When I run the test run I leave marked only the option Credentials check and returns me error logon account check status: Failed.

6 - When I run the test run leaving the Media Capacity Check to complete individual job options and Media check the test returns successful.

7 - I'm using the root User in this group beoper.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What are the Linux variants on these servers that you are trying to back up? Check the SCL to make sure that they are supported. BE 2010 R2 is very very old you should upgrade to a newer version like BE 15

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What are the Linux variants on these servers that you are trying to back up? Check the SCL to make sure that they are supported. BE 2010 R2 is very very old you should upgrade to a newer version like BE 15

Luiz_Avelino
Level 2

If you do not have anything better to respond in the forum let others answer, do not waste your time.
If I came here in the forum and why I need a help, not that answer you posted here, because even if
my linux was not homologao I would not even be seeing the tree directory of the same.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...those are pretty relevant questions. If it isn't supported by BE 2010 R2, but is in a later version, then you'd need to upgrade accordingly. If it isn't supported at all, then just seeing the tree directory would be down to luck and Veritas wouldn't support it anyways. Or support would be extremely limited...

Thanks!