Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can receive alerts from BUE but not reports

diggisaur
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Good afternoon all,

I receive alerts from anything out of the Alert Categories (Job Failure, Insert Media, Device Invervention) with no problems. However, when I set up a couple of the scheduled reports in Backup Exec, I receive a notification that these jobs have run successfully in my email but never receive the report itself.

I have made sure the Scheduled Report Job has the proper notification settings checked in the job. For example, "Include report with a notification to an email recipient" is checked. Yet, no report.

I receive alerts from the same Media Server no problem. The server is running Windows 2003 Small Business Server so Exchange and Backup Exec are on the same box so I doubt it is a security or relaying issue (especially with alerts working fine). In addition, regardless of whether I use an internal or external address, it is the same result. Both receive alerts, neither receive the reports.

Backup Exec is 11d v11.0 Rev 6235.

I've set this up before on Windows Small Business Server 2003, where Backup Exec and Exchange are on the same box for other clients and it works just fine.

Also, Exchange Queues are empty and when I check message tracking I see no trace of the report, except for the notification email.

I don't think Exchange is the issue but any suggestions in that direction are always welcome. Spam Filtering is external, so the internal recipient should have no problems there at least. I have verified it is not the antivirus software, which is SEP.

Thanks

digg

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you are talking about the job log when the job gets successfull or failed then make sure in the job log you have to go to notification and need to chekc the box "include job log with notification".

You can't get an email for the reports

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Check the following document

http://support.veritas.com/docs/339530 Scheduled report jobs with email notification are not received via E-mail. (No error message found in Backup Exec)

Also the Notifications can have attachments only in HTML and TEXT at the moment