cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't backup Lotus Domino files with BE2012

jb76
Level 2

Hi,

We buy Backup Exec 2012 with Lotus domino agent (Databases and applications)

We have the license and the Lotus Domino Agent was installed.

But, when we want to select the databases to backup, it not appears on the list. In fact the list is empty.

What can be the reason? How we can solve it?

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) What version of Domino are you using?  Check the SCL below to make sure that it is supported.

BE 2012 SCL

2) Push out the remote agent again to the Domino server.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check below link 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165059

Thanks

jb76
Level 2

I have a Lotus Domino 8.0.2

I push out the remote agent, and reinstalled... it does nothing.

I followed the instruccions of the TECH165059, we still in the same situation.

I don't understand what happens... If I put a NSF database on the C: drive I can back up it, but the NSF files on the E: Drive (where are all of NSF files) don't appear on the list.

What can I do?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What OS are you using for the Domino server?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

See if this KB helps ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH56349

jb76
Level 2

I using Windows 2003 Server.

The KB not helps :( .. i'm still in the same situation,

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) I vaguely remember a similiar discussion some time ago.  Check your notes.ini for where the path to the .nsf files files on your E: drive is specified.  I can't remember whether you need to put a backwards slash at the end of the path or you must remove the backward slash.  Try both.  You would need to restart the Domino service after each change.

2) Alternatively, you can log a case with Symantec for them to look at the problem.

jb76
Level 2

I found the discussion that you refers. I checked if the Path to the .nsf files on notes.ini are correct. It's correct.

Also I checked on registry of windows, and that's correct too.

I already opened a Case with Symantec, they are looking too, but until now we don't have any solution.

I thought that the problem resides in the configuration on Lotus Domino, but I can solve it.