cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have GRT selected but cannot perform file level recovery

TDiGuy87
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I am currently using Backup Exec 2012. I have four jobs scheduled to run two of which are fulls and two are incremental backups. The backups are successful but I get the error message of :

The job completed successfully.  However, the following conditions were encountered:

The job completed successfully. However, the following condition was encountered: one or more directories do not support Granular Recovery Technology (GRT). Granular restores cannot be performed for these directories.  See the job log for details.

I have located the file that it stuck on and because of folder permissions it cannot be backed up (this is not the problem).

So the problem is when I go to do a recovery of the backups that have been created I am unable to do a file level recovery it just shows the backups and that have been created and that is all. 

Thank you in advance for all of your help on my issue.

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is the RAWS agent installed on your servers?

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Are GPT partitions or something like DFSR enabled inside the VM you are backing up?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

For file level recovery, do ensure that you are initiating the restore from the VM in the Backup & Restore tan and not from the virtual host.

TDiGuy87
Level 3

I have verified that the RAWS agents are on both servers and that they are same version as BE 2012.

TDiGuy87
Level 3

When I go to start a Restore I click on the Restore tab from the menu in BE. I then go into VMware data followed by dropping down the restores and I click to open those and it says loading and then it does nothing. Is there something I am missing or am I doing it wrong?

TDiGuy87
Level 3

Yes DFSR is running on both servers I am backing up

HAMZAOUI_Omar
Level 5
Partner Accredited

You should to select VM restore on the Be Tab windows.

TDiGuy87
Level 3

I only have one restore option on the BE Console and that is Restore. Once I click there I click on VMware data and hit next. I then can choose from the two servers I have backed up and once I click on the back up it will say loading and then it does nothing.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See my article below. https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-individual-filesfolders-vm-backup