Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost the Exchange's component

Tintin_au_tibet
Level 3
Hello,

I started from here :
without changing password, path or installing an update the backup of my "first storage group" stopped working.
I got an error like (sorry I didn't get it in english) :
AOFO is use for saving "\\SERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" ... AOFO used VSS ... depending of  C: ... and "media unreachable".
(of course the C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group exist, is reachable and allow for alll users)

fakfkaacg.jpg

after trying restart VSS services, or exchange diag tools, i don't know how but I just lost my "microsoft information store" component.

now, I restarted my machine but the problem is steel here.

so, my question is, someone know how to fix the bridge beetween Backup Exec and Exchange and be sure it will back up the mailbox database properly.

thanks for you help and see you again on the forum

My environment is :
Windows SBS 2008
with Exchange 2007
Symantec 12.5 for SBS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tintin_au_tibet
Level 3
finally, I did it! for people who meet this pb : in "admin tools > services" I played with run as "local account, administrator, system account" settings and suddenly it came back.
now I will never touch that again^^
good look if you are on the same way ^^
hopping it will help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

There is no need to use AOFO if you are using the Exchange agent, and this has been known to cause issues if you do.
Take off AOFO and try running the backup again, and post the results...

Laters!

Tintin_au_tibet
Level 3

The message is about :

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\ \ SERVER \ Microsoft Information Store \ First Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: No
Volume Shadow-Copy Service (0xE000FE1F): The device is not found.

Tintin_au_tibet
Level 3
finally, I did it! for people who meet this pb : in "admin tools > services" I played with run as "local account, administrator, system account" settings and suddenly it came back.
now I will never touch that again^^
good look if you are on the same way ^^
hopping it will help