cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to test Exchange Agent with Trial version before buying

TSA
Level 1

I need to test the functionality of Exchange Agent within Symantec Backup Exec 15 Trial Version

Can I do that ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You need to click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and click on Install Options and Licences. Follow the dialog and enable the Exchange option before you can do the trial. You have 60 days for the trial. If you don't purchase and install an Agent for Applications and Databases licence within the trial period, then you jobs will fail when the 60 days is up. You need to check the SCL to make sure that your version of Exchange is supported

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

EDIT:

You can use Agent for Exchange in trial mode for 60 days

For Exchange Agent requirements and best practices refer to the below links

Requirements for using the Exchange Agent

Best practices for Backup Exec 2014/15 Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You need to click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and click on Install Options and Licences. Follow the dialog and enable the Exchange option before you can do the trial. You have 60 days for the trial. If you don't purchase and install an Agent for Applications and Databases licence within the trial period, then you jobs will fail when the 60 days is up. You need to check the SCL to make sure that your version of Exchange is supported