cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I too keep getting message

Linas
Level 6

I too keep getting message “The Agent for Windows on at least one server does not have the most recent updates. To install the most recent updates, on the Backup and Restore tab, right-click the remote computer that is out of date, and then select Update.

I followed all the fixes

All icons look updated

All versions the same

Ran LiveUpdate no new updates?

Have been getting this message for months only noticed now when clearing logs

Should I update all clients?

I don’t want to if I have to reboot any of the servers?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, Generally if you have AOFO installed you need to restart. I got around this by fooling BE into thinking it had restarted by editing the registry...works like a charm. You need to go to: hkey_localmachine -software - symantec - backup exec for windows server...do a search for a key called PatchReboot and delete it. Do this after installing the patches and get a backup of the registry. It allows a more ontrolled reboot cycle. Thanks!

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you update BE, you MUST push out the remote agents to the clients.  Otherwise, they do not have the updates.

There may be processes holding on to the remote agent modules during the update.  If you do not re-boot the servers, the update process will not be complete.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, Generally if you have AOFO installed you need to restart. I got around this by fooling BE into thinking it had restarted by editing the registry...works like a charm. You need to go to: hkey_localmachine -software - symantec - backup exec for windows server...do a search for a key called PatchReboot and delete it. Do this after installing the patches and get a backup of the registry. It allows a more ontrolled reboot cycle. Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you update BE, you MUST push out the remote agents to the clients.  Otherwise, they do not have the updates.

There may be processes holding on to the remote agent modules during the update.  If you do not re-boot the servers, the update process will not be complete.