cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Notes Media Inconsistancies

PGHB
Level 0

Hi

We have BE2014 fully patched running a CASO & 1 managed server, with data backing up to EMC Data Domain's for 4 weeks then a month end tape directly to HP Ultrium drives

We have an issue where 2 IBM Domino (9.01) servers aren't backing up the Domino databases. This was initially just the tape jobs, which were also showing an alert in BE:

An error occurred while BE was trying to discover the end of the data or while BE was writing to the following tape xxxx. BE has marked this tape as unappendable. When the append period expires, BE attempts to reuse the tape by overwriting it, or you can erse the tape so it becomes scratch media. You can restore from this tape as necessary

The data being read from the media is inconsistant

The jobs then all fail with the following message:

Backup- Domino Databases on E:An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in xxx

One of the 2 Domino servers has also had a weeks worth of job failures with the same error but randomly this backed up last night and nothing has changed.

Nothing has been changed config wise and alll media has been cleaned, different HP drives have been used and brand new tapes have been used.

I do have an existing call open with Veritas support but they are struggling to fix (and not calling back when I have requested) and wanted to see if anyone else can help me!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Domino 9.01 is not supported by either BE 2014 or BE 15. The last supported version is Domino 9.0

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Domino 9.01 is not supported by either BE 2014 or BE 15. The last supported version is Domino 9.0