cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM TS3100 Autoloader not showing up

phil2010
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

It seems a few ppl have this problem but i haven't found a fix for it.

I running an IBM x3650, with a 4gig Qlogic fibre hda and i have attached is a IBM ts3100 tape library and drive.
I have Windows 2008 server std 64bit with Backup exec 12.5.

The problem i have is that neither windows or Backup exec sees the autoloader it only see the drive.

I know that backup exec can only see what windows can see, so i wanted to know if anyone has been able to get windows to see it.  I have down loaded the IBM drivers for the autoloader and for the drive and still nothing.

Can anyone help???

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
As per hardware compatibility list for Backup Exec 12.5 supports System Storage TS3100/TS3200 (Machine Type 3573). Also, please make sure you have updated Backup Exec to latest service pack and apply all available patches.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

teiva-boy
Level 6
Are you using a FC switch, is the library zoned correctly for the server to access the library?

Alternatively, sometimes you need to within the library change some of the FC settings for it to accept the HBA, so that WIndows can detect it.

You're right Windows need to see it before BackupExec can use it.  No matter what patches or drivers you install from BackupExec, you need Windows to see it first for it to work.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   
Does your robot have a "control path" enabled?  The robot needs to be a LUN (piggybacking) on ONE of the tape drives.

Double check the settings in your FC HBA, specifically for anything related to LUN support.  The robot is probably set to LUN 1 and the FC HBA may only be showing devices with LUN = 0 (the tape drives).

Does the QLogic software see the robot?