cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Criação de disco para recuperação de um BE server e D.C.

MiguelC
Level 3
Partner

Olá

Tenho um DL 380 G6 com controlador P410 com 7 discos em raid 5 e um suplente, neste também tenho uma controladora adaptec U320 para ligar à unidade de backup´s LTO de 24 Slots através de cabo SCSI.

Este servidor além de BE server é controlador de dominio.

tebho o  BE12.5 atualizado até a ultima atualização, tenho as opção ativa para IDR, mas estou com uma dúvida, pois ainda não criei nenhum disco IDR.

Ao usar o wizard vejo que a opção está disponibilizada para criar o disco IDR e a minha dúvida é a seguinte :

Presumo que quando arrancar o IDR o wizard pedirá as médias do windows 2003 Enterprise x86 estas são Open License e tenho estas fisicamente, no entanto julgo que terei de ter os driver do controlado P410 para embeber no IDR através da opção do 2003 inserir novos interfaces bem como devo ter de ter os drivers do controlador Adaptec para efetuar a mesma operação.

Antes de fazer o IDR gostava de ter a confirmação de que estou certo no procedimento a criar que seria :

Arrancar o wizard IDR escolher o servidor que neste caso é o que tem o BE e quando me pedir as médias de instalação devo pela tecla de função forçar a introdução do controlador P410 e do Adaptec U320

Agradeçia a vossa indicação estou correto ou entendi mal o procedimento ?

Obrigado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you create the IDR bootable image, you can inject the necessary drivers for your tape drive using the procedure given in this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76680

You might want to watch my video on the IDR recovery process

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/intelligent-disaster-recovery-idr-restore

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you create the IDR bootable image, you can inject the necessary drivers for your tape drive using the procedure given in this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76680

You might want to watch my video on the IDR recovery process

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/intelligent-disaster-recovery-idr-restore

MiguelC
Level 3
Partner

Thks. for link. I inject drivers for P410 Raid Controller for disks, and Adaptec 29320 LPE for LTO Library 24 Slots.
After IDR creation I change RAID disks using same partition size and startup my DL 380 G6 with IDR CD for test.
First screen fine  reporting IDR boot sucess, requesting ESC to cancel or Enter to continue IDR, I press Enter, few minutes after  I ´ve seen blue drivers screen loading and  windows logo, after it screen pass to black, and after a few good minutes working CD and disks I receive a message like it:
"STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminates unexpected 
status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down
My system is HP DL 380 1 Partition RAID5 136.7 GB windows 2003 R2 Enterprise, this computer is Domain Controller and also BE Server with verion 12.5 using last updates.
I expect a reaction similar to your video, but ....
Any help is welcome
Thanks

MiguelC
Level 3
Partner

Sorry I report half error this is the complet error message:

Stop: C000021A (Fatal System Error). "The Session Manager Initialization System process terminated unexpectedly with status of 0xC000026C (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown.

Thks.

MiguelC
Level 3
Partner

Hi.

That´s my system Lab test : ( As I have a real system working like it, with several servers ...)
One DL 380 G6 with RAID5 136,7 GB C: partition, I install it, using Open License medias windows 2003 Enterprise R2, starting with HP smartstart to easy install drivers procedure.
Update windows system,start Domain Controller promotion, and install BE 12.5 updated to last version SP4.
Join one computer to domain to get one connection, for test future connectivity with restored domain controller, after finished it.
I ran a full backup choosing Partition C:, System State, all to generate a IDR disk.
Running wizard IDR creation, I use CTRL+Shift + right button mouse to inject drivers for P410I Raid Controller interface, and also for Adaptec 29302 LPE interface., at end I got ISO image to use.
---
Change original disks, with new clean disks to do restore test (same size, no dissimilar hardware), with IDR disk I boot it, first part starts ok,but at end I have failure message "Stop: C000021A (Fatal System Error). "The Session Manager Initialization System process terminated unexpectedly with status of 0xC000026C (0x00000000 0x0000000)"  I suspect , this was because I do not have any RAID volume.
So, I ran HP Smart Start and create one raid volume similar than original, with one partition 136,7 GB with half windows system installed, rest of logical volume is unused.
Try boot IDR but I´ve got the same result, a good start from IDR, a Windows Logo screen, after it, black screen appears, I see activity at CD and disk array for a time, and for final, again the same message failure.
----
I put message at google and notice (problems to create files), I thought, when I create IDR I use CD1 from windows 2003 enterprise R2 medias, so I use original files without any windows update SPX.
Is this is the problem that is preventing a good restore, and abort IDR procedure ?

Think I reported all to get help, if this happens at real system I have a BIG Problem ...

Yes I can upgrade, but I must have backup´s with IDR working, to continue migration, of systems and finally for  Backup Exec 2012.
Without a good restore solution, I can generate a nice problem if I need to roll down one faulty upgrade server system.
I need urgent working solution.

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You do not need IDR to recover your server.  You can do a manual recovery.  See the Preparing for Disaster Recovery chapter in the Admin Guide.