cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Image CD cannot be created in BE V10

Jack_Garvey
Level 3
I am getting the following error trying to create bootable CD IDR Image:
The error "Language was not determined from \\SERVERNAME. The specific resource type cannot be found in the image file" is returned when attempting to create an Intelligent Disaster Recovery CD.
This was suppose to have been fixed in V10 but I am still getting this error. What can I do???
10 REPLIES 10

Alex_Tetyukhin
Level 4
Yes, I've got it too but it's seems now that (unlike for 9.1) the article http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266912.htm
doesn't work.

Alex_Tetyukhin
Level 4
Does anybody know is the article (see below) relevant to Windows Server 2003?

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/259759.htm

I can not create IDR CD with Wizard for non-English version of Windows Server 2003 with error: "Language was not determined from \\SERVERNAME. The specific resource type cannot be found in the image file"

It was be able to do for version 9.1 changing the location settings on the target server....

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that you ahve referred the following document:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266912

It didn't work for you?

Does the Operating System and Backup Exec are English (US).? Te installation CD and also the Regional Settings are also English (US)?

If so, then please ceck :
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International\Language is set to English.

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jack_Garvey
Level 3
All of those settings were correct, I have been through the knowledge base myself. I found out that uninstalling the agent on this server and doing a local install of the agent solved my problem.

Alex_Tetyukhin
Level 4
You're right. It doesn't work for BE 10 and Windows Server 2003 Russian (multiboot CD).

For BE 10 and Windows Server 2003 ENGLISH (multiboot CD) - all is ok.

I have checked that HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International\Language is set to English

For BE version 9.1 and Windows Server 2003 it worked with changing locale to English...

Why VERITAS does not mention Windows Server 2003 in articles considering this IDR problem?

Alex_Tetyukhin
Level 4
Hm.. I am going to try this...

Alex_Tetyukhin
Level 4
Nothing changes...
It still does not work...

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

This error may also occur because of the insufficient permissions on the registry.

Please refer to the following steps to resolve the issue:

1) Create a new user account.

2) Add it in the local Admin and Domain Admin.

3) Logon using the new account. Change all Backup Exec services to run using this new account.

This should help resolve the problem.
Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Alex_Tetyukhin
Level 4
Unfortunately, It doesn't help...

1) I have installed a "clear" Windows Server Enterprise Edition Russia on the test server

2) Installed Remote agent

3) Backed up all drives and system state

4) Configuring RA started under Domain Admin account

5) Logging under this account. Set up all language and location setting to English (US)

6) Trying to create IDR bootable CD from Windows Server Enterprise Edition English installation CD - getting this error

But I can successfully go through IDR backup and recovery procedure if I recover Windows Server 2003 ENGLISH !

I use multibooting installation CD's in both cases, may be there are some issues with it?

Can VERITAS give an official answer what language editions of Windows Server supported by IDR (version 10)?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please start the Remote Agent service under LSA and verify the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.