cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Test Restore does not load Network Card Drivers !

Alex_Leonhardt
Level 4
Hi !

Well, having tried the IDR on one of our servers, it seems that the IDR is not loading any Network Card Drivers, although the driver is on the CD !??!

Can someone explain or tell me where to put the drivers to load them automatically ?? Also, are all storage device drivers loaded with the IDR ?? As we have a Exchange Cluster and would need to make sure EVERYTHING can be restored.

Thanks!
Alex
7 REPLIES 7

Alex_Leonhardt
Level 4
Ok, one more problem -
It appears that the DELL PERC5 drivers were loaded, BUT, it doesn't recognise the disk AT ALL !!

If I try to run the automatic restore wizard, rather than the manual, it stops with saying that there are "fewer disks" available and that I'd have to fix that before being able to continue !!

Fact is, IDR is not working and I need to get it fixed TODAY !

I've had problems with IDR before and it took ages to resolve, I need this working so why can't a IDR Image just include ALL necessary drivers ??!??!?!?!?!?

Thanks,
AlexMessage was edited by:
Alex Leonhardt

I've just checked the partitions available through the manual dr process and there are NONE !! Meaning that either the RAID driver was not loaded properly -OR- the DR just destroyed my server !!!!

Daniel_Waterhou
Level 3
Looks like your having the same problems as me, Dell Perc5 Drivers, Network drivers, and Adaptec Drivers.

1. Network Drivers - theirs a Hotfix thinks it's between 7-11 that apparently fix's this. If your running windows server 2003 IDR looks for the drivers for 2000. About to test this soon i'll let you know if it works.

2. Perc5 - Not detecting the hard drives, you need to put the perc 5 drivers on the IDR CD or like I have done to start with put them on a floppy disk press F6 when prompted and load them from their. You can get the Perc 5 drivers from your dell installation CD, do a search for perc* and you'll see a few files with this name, across about 4 dir's some or 2000 drivers the others 2003 32-bit and x64 - you need to copy the entire dir to a disk.

3. Adaptec drivers - just started doing this myself as now IDR does not regonise the certance ultrium LTO 2 tape drive.

Hope this helps.
PS - please let me know if you solve the problem.

Dan

Alex_Leonhardt
Level 4
will do, thanks :)

Apart from that - DOES SYMANTEC ENGINEERS MIND RESPONDING TO THIS ?!?

I need it fixed, and I need it NOW !!

Alex

DanielBickford
Level 6
Employee Certified
Alex,
In the interest of getting answers to as many users as possible, we don't always post responses where correct answers are already available.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Daniel

stevef
Not applicable
Daniel

Sorry to sound stupid, but it would be helpful if there was a link to the resolution to this problem
I too am having a problem with IDR on BE 11d on Dell PE 2900 with perc5 . the cd creates and boots fine but the automatic restore cannot find the disk partitions even if they have been created manually with the perc config util. Dell don't appear to have the answer.

Bustrhimn
Level 2
Daniel,

Were you ever able to find a fix for this?
I'm having the same exact problem with the network card drivers and the Perc/5i drivers for this PE2900.
I have downloaded the drivers from dell, put them on a floppy, did the F6 and when I tried to install them it said that the drivers already exist.  I even tried to use the ones I had as opposed to the ones supplied on the disk.

I was able to create the image of the server just fine and was able to successfully restore to a VMWare image.
When I use this BESR image of the 2900 and try to restore to the 2900, there isnt a destination drive to be found.

At this point, anyone's advice would be much appreciated.

(FYI- I'm using BESR version 6.5)

Message Edited by Bustrhimn on 06-15-200705:13 PM

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=115&message.id=14954&jump=true#M14954

My solution for DELL 2900.. I've used BE 11d 7170 with all hotfixes for testing...

marekk