cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR and Resizing Disk Partition

Jim_Matthews
Level 3
I have a customer running SBS2003 with BUE 9.1 for SBS. The C Partition on this server is at capacity and I have to resize the disk partitions. I would like to use IDR to restore my server after I reconfigure the RAID partitions to give more disk space for the C drive. Is there a way to manipulate the IDR so it will resize the boot partition BEFORE it does the restore? I noticed there is an option to run the disk manager between the text mode and "windows" mode of the restore, but I didn't see where I could resize the C drive on this. I want to avoid rebuilding this server from scratch. Thanks for the assist!

-Jim
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Why not just verify the backup, then boot the RAID mfg utility CD and do the re-size that way, then boot the IDR CD?

Won't take any longer and you'll know exactly what is going on :)

Jim_Matthews
Level 3
I tried this, but the IDR sets the partitions to the same size they were when the IDR disks were created.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are you doing an automatic IDR or a manual one? You can try the steps for a manual recovery as per t he steps below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/236240

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Jim

Unfortunately this is exactly what IDR was designed to prevent you from doing- restoring a backup where something is meant to be different.

You have two options, but my recommendation would be to invest in something such as one of hte Acronis disk resizing softwares, or go about this the long way by throwing IDR in the bin, building a new OS install, installing Veritas and then restoring your backup.

Be aware that this will be a "forced catastrophe" in that if there are any issues you may have with your backups, you will find out the hard way.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Could you Update us on the Issue?

thanks
Regards