cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR menu not responsive - Backup Exec 2010 R2

GeorgeS1202
Level 3

I have finally solved the STOP 0x000007b crash when booting to the IDR CD. Turns out the fix was to change the SATA drive mode to ATA from QDMA and the blue screen went away.

Of course, this introduces a new problem. The IDR menu loads up and then is unresponsive. When I click on the 'Start' tab the selctions come up, but nothing happens.

I am accessing the server via Dell DRAC 5. Access to my server room is highly restricted so I need to do whatever I can remotely.  Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GeorgeS1202
Level 3

Version 2010 R3 IDR now shows me the menus, etc. So, just had to wait for the upgrade and

the problem vanished.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Could be DRAC, you need to try it on the box locally once to confirm.

Thanks

GeorgeS1202
Level 3

I suspect as much - I'll have to try it on the console.

GeorgeS1202
Level 3

Well, I was able to try this from the console and I got the same behavior as the DRAC - the IDR screen comes up, the selections under the 'Start' button appear, however there is no response.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you load the OS onto a Dell server, I believe that Dell has a utility that you need to boot up from which will do some preparation work before it prompt you for the OS installation disk.  If this is so, you should boot up from this Dell utility and then put in the IDR when you are prompted for the OS installation disk.

GeorgeS1202
Level 3

It has been my experience with the Dell setup procedure that the setup utility will ask for a very specific Windows OS CD/DVD. I'll give this a try, though.

GeorgeS1202
Level 3

Does Symantec have any wiki's or tech documents on this procedure with a Dell Server? That would really help out in this case. I am used to using Netbackup's Bare Metal Restore and I am not very familiar with the Backup Exec IDR process.

GeorgeS1202
Level 3

Version 2010 R3 IDR now shows me the menus, etc. So, just had to wait for the upgrade and

the problem vanished.