cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR prep on BE 10

johan_holmstrom
Level 4
Hi,
I have done a upgrade from ver 9.1 to ver 10. Server is running w2k3. I have 9 clients, both w2k and w2k3. When I run the IDR wizard, after I choose "create media" I get an "out of memory" warning. When I press ok on that one I only see 1 w2k3 server of the 9 clients I have. I've checked task manager and I do have sufficient memory available. The *.dr file has been created for all my clients. I've done a couple of upgrades before this one and I haven't seen this before. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

In order to isolate the issue, please refer to the following technote:

- Backups on Microsoft Windows 2003 can cause poor and gradually declining system performance and Out of Memory Errors.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263139.htm

We hope this will help.

Please update us on the issue so that If the issue still persists we can troubleshoot the issue further.

If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be presumed to be answered and will be marked as assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

johan_holmstrom
Level 4
Hi,
I haven't had a problems when running a backup, only IDR, but I will try this and let you know.

Ashwin_Apte
Level 4
Hi Johan,

Please let us know the result of our previous suggestion.

Also one more thing to check is whether you have upgraded the remote agents on your remote systems to version 10.0 remote agents?

Also try increasing your page file size and ensure that no other application is running during IDR preparation wizard.

- Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

johan_holmstrom
Level 4
Hi,
All agents installed are version 10. There are no other memory-intensive applications running at the time I am trying to create the IDR´s. When I check the Task Manager, the memory peak is not even close to limit.
Regards,
Johan

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

This could be a db corruption issue, please try the repair Db option.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

johan_holmstrom
Level 4
Hi, Haven't got a chance of trying your suggestions yet. I'll let you know when it is done.
Thanks,
Johan

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Thank you for the update please post the outcome of the manipulations once they are completed.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.