cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPLOps.log over 600 MB

simon_foster_17
Level 3

Hi I have just discovered that the IPLOps.log file that was in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs was over 600Mb in size

Is there a way of restricting the size of this file or stop backup exec logging to it, so I don't run out of disk space?

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

simon_foster_17
Level 3

I am not sure how this document helps me as I don't have the -debug switch on any of the backupexec services and createdebuglog = 0 in the registry

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check whats the value of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Server\CheckEvalExpireHour

And i hope Backup Exec is updated with SP1 as well...

simon_foster_17
Level 3

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Server\CheckEvalExpireHour = 4

and backup exec has been updated to SP1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

IPLOps.log is generated when Backup Exec contacts the Licensing servers over the internet for retreiving maintenance information...Does this file grow further in size ?

simon_foster_17
Level 3

IPLOps.log does grow over time as eveytime it checks the internet it adds to the file.

My 600 Mb log file was created on 15 Dec 2011 and has entries all the way upto this morning. I have moved the 600 Mb log and can see that backup exec has recreated the file, its currently 14Kb. This isn't a problem when it is this small but after a year or so it will be back to being hundreds of MBs.

My question is how do I either stop it logging or restrict its size?