cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If crash my backup exec server console how to restore my backup?

a6viper
Level 3

How to restore my .bkf files if crash my backup exec  server console or any agent ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Just to summarize: 

1. Install Backup Exec on a different server. 

2. Connect the storage device(the device which contains the .bkf files) to the new Backup Exec server. 

4. Add a Backup to disk folder/Disk Storage(depending on the version of Backup Exec) to the Backup Exec console(Backup Exec would detect that the folder/device already had a storage device configured on it). 

3. Run an Inventory+Catalog on the device.

4. Perform a restore using the .bkf files. 

Note: If the drive on which .bkf(backup) files are located crashes then there's no way to restore it. You might want to consider a strategy to duplicate the backup jobs. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Just to summarize: 

1. Install Backup Exec on a different server. 

2. Connect the storage device(the device which contains the .bkf files) to the new Backup Exec server. 

4. Add a Backup to disk folder/Disk Storage(depending on the version of Backup Exec) to the Backup Exec console(Backup Exec would detect that the folder/device already had a storage device configured on it). 

3. Run an Inventory+Catalog on the device.

4. Perform a restore using the .bkf files. 

Note: If the drive on which .bkf(backup) files are located crashes then there's no way to restore it. You might want to consider a strategy to duplicate the backup jobs.