cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of daylight saving time (DST) on Backup Exec

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Hi, our country doesn't have daylight saving time (or summer time adjustment) but during the summer olympics in Tokyo, we plan to implement DST for a limited period of time. I'm being asked by our OEM what impact this would have on our product functionality or otherwise. Is their any impact? Any considerations needed? I think countries that adopt DST should know what impact there is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

P_Jeal
Employee

I am pleased to see that you are planning ahead, as the Tokyo Olympics are not for another 2 years Smiley Happy

Since you have asked the question, you are probably aware that there used to be issues seen with job scheduling, in older versions of Backup Exec, when DST changes happened. To avoid this, since at least Backup Exec 2014, we now store date references as UTC and therefore the DST changes should not impact the scheduling any more.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

P_Jeal
Employee

I am pleased to see that you are planning ahead, as the Tokyo Olympics are not for another 2 years Smiley Happy

Since you have asked the question, you are probably aware that there used to be issues seen with job scheduling, in older versions of Backup Exec, when DST changes happened. To avoid this, since at least Backup Exec 2014, we now store date references as UTC and therefore the DST changes should not impact the scheduling any more.