cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing existing backup jobs into a new policy

YonatanC
Level 5

Hi guys,

So I around 50 VMs that are backed weekly (Full) and daily (Full for the moment). So basicly every VM has 2 jobs defined.

The jobs were not defined using a policy.

Now I want to use the option to backup the VM incrementaly and this is only supported when using policy based jobs.

Is there a way I can somehow create a policy from the already existing pairs of weekly and daily jobs, instead of creating everything from scratch?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Not that I know of...you can copy jobs between media servers, but I've seen nothing (not in the Admin Guide, or in any Symantec TNs) around copying the contents ot a stand-alone job to a GFS policy.

At best you might be able to use an existing selection list, assuming that this is also stand-alone (having been selected when creating these jobs).

Otherwise you've got to recreate everything through the GFS policy wizard process.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

Not that I know of...you can copy jobs between media servers, but I've seen nothing (not in the Admin Guide, or in any Symantec TNs) around copying the contents ot a stand-alone job to a GFS policy.

At best you might be able to use an existing selection list, assuming that this is also stand-alone (having been selected when creating these jobs).

Otherwise you've got to recreate everything through the GFS policy wizard process.

Thanks!

YonatanC
Level 5

Not the answer I was hoping to get :( , but thanks anyhow :)

CraigV

...you can add this in as an Idea:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

Thanks!