cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Backup Exec 2012 i got message, the disk is offline. (with Powervault 124T LTO-2)

cvetx
Level 2

Hello,

I'm using Backup exec 2012 since Jan,2012.

Recently, I put clean tape in tape drive for cleanning heads. After that I have got the error message.

I have configured jobs and assigned it to tape slots, but when jobs going to run it gives error message that "the disk is offline, please check hardware is powered on and cable is connected".

Before putting the clean tape, I successfuly done all the backup jobs. There is no problem on connection between server and tape device.

Please help me to reslove this issue.

Thanks,

Youhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Ensure BE 2012 is sp1a and all updates using live updates. for your tape drive which is offline you can do some basic steps

1 Please Power off the media server and the tape library completely and then once both the devices are powered off , Please turn on the library first & wait for it to be intialized and once intialized completely please power on the Backup server & then check if that helps

2 Also I presum for your tape library medium changes is on unknown for Microsoft and latest tape drivers are for symantec for tape drive

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Ensure BE 2012 is sp1a and all updates using live updates. for your tape drive which is offline you can do some basic steps

1 Please Power off the media server and the tape library completely and then once both the devices are powered off , Please turn on the library first & wait for it to be intialized and once intialized completely please power on the Backup server & then check if that helps

2 Also I presum for your tape library medium changes is on unknown for Microsoft and latest tape drivers are for symantec for tape drive

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

From your screenshot, it appears that your tape drive is having problems, probably hardware.

1) Right-click on the tape drive, and pause and unpause it.

2) Make sure that you have the latest firmware for both your libary and the tape drive.

3) Run the manufacturer's diagnostic utility on the tape drive library.  Make sure that you select the write test and that you have stopped all the BE services beforehand.

cvetx
Level 2

Thanks guys!