cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility BE 2010 with SEP 12.1?

Mark_Eilrich
Level 1

Hello!

We have a server running Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 on a machine running Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise 64-bit. It's been running fine for 3-4 years on our Active Directory domain. Recently we upgraded from Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.5 to SEP 12.1 (we are a non-profit, so these are "not-for-resale" versions purchased through Tech Soup).

SEP is installed on both the BE Clients and the BE server

SEP has blocked the jobs from running. I get various errors - mostly having to do with Communication errors or Network errors or Resource errors, but that is clearly not the problem. Disabling SEP on both client and server does not fix the errors, but uninstalling SEP on both client and server allows all the jobs to run successfully.

Nowhere can I find anything about incompatibility between these two applications. I've done quite a bit of work configuring and deploying SEP Exceptions (see Symantec TECH168940 and TECH203209, among others). No difference.

Are these two applications simply incompatible?

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2

_r___
Level 6
Certified

What components are installed with 12.1? Have you narrowed this down to the auto-protect component or the firewall?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Setup a firewall rule on SEP to allow traffic via port 3527and 10000.