cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect block size error

Not applicable
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
"Admin" wrote:>Out of the blue, a nightly incremental (append) backup job failed wit the>error "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current>block size is incorrect".>>The tape isn't new. It was used for the same job the night before without>any errors. It isn't full and it isn't part of a multivolume partition set.>>I can't find any mention of this type of error in the Veritas Knowledgebase.>Does anyone have any idea as to what this error coul dbe caused by?>>TIA>>davec>>We are having the same problem, out of the blue all are backups are failingwith this error. If you fine a solution please forward it to us, I'll dothe same. Thanks Alex

Not applicable
"Alex" wrote:Hi Alex,If the tape drive is connected to raid,move it to scsi.otherwise try erasing tape with ntbackuphttp://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190750.htmRob>"Admin" wrote:>>Out of the blue, a nightly incremental (append) backup job failed wit the>>error "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current>>block size is incorrect".>>>>The tape isn't new. It was used for the same job the night before without>>any errors. It isn't full and it isn't part of a multivolume partitionset.>>>>I can't find any mention of this type of error in the Veritas Knowledgebase.>>Does anyone have any idea as to what this error coul dbe caused by?>>>>TIA>>>>davec>>>>>We are having the same problem, out of the blue all are backups are failing>with this error. If you fine a solution please forward it to us, I'll do>the same. Thanks Alex