cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect directory listings during restore

Simkill
Level 3

I am currently experiencing a very strange problem with all my Oracle Linux 6.2 (basically RHEL 6.2) linux boxes when I come to restore files using backup exec R3. I list the directories so I can select the files I need from the list to restore, but I get a very odd output fro mthe directory listings. Many directories are displayed more than once, many of these listings are empty but some have data in, and many directories are spelt incorrectly.

Needless to say, the directory structure shown on the restore listings (see attached images) are incorrect. many of these folders (ones spelt incorrectly, such as dtaa and lvve do not actually exist)

The first thing you are going to say is RHEL 6.2 isn't in the SCL, so it's not supported. I understand that, but I was wondering if there was a workaround to this or if anyone else in the community has managed to figure out a fix? Currently using the latest version linux agent on the OL 6.2 boxes and backup exec 2010 r3 server on a windows box.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Simkill
Level 3
I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks!

RobHernandez
Level 2

I am having the same problem on Red Hat 6.1 running kernel 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64.  IIRC, Red Hat is on the SCL, correct? 

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This happens (as you have found out) when using an un-supported version. If you are using kernel 3.x, see if you can setup a test system with a lower kernel version such as 2.6.x & test the backup/restores.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are using Backup Exec 2010 R3 as well, then RHEL 6.x is not supported  & it supports only Red Hat 4.x & 5.x.