cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increment GRT Exchange 2003 Backup fails permanent

Axel_medical
Level 3

Backup Exec: 2012 with Exchange Agent
Exchangeserver: 2003 (all SPs and Hotfixes)
BackupExec and Exchange-Server not on same machine. None of them is a DC.

Hi professionals,

trying to make full Backups and incremental Backups of my Exchange Database using the GRT-Option (AOFO off)

The full Backup works fine, the incremental fails permanently with error "could not open Exchange-Database file: -1811 The file was not found"
I took a look at the BAckup-Debug-Viewer during the Job and found "OPEN DATABASE FAILED: Logon returned e000fea9".
I already read every Post I could find concerning this error, without finding a solution. The Login-credentials for the BackupJob are correct and the logon-name is the same as the screenname (mention this, because in one Post problems are reportetd if they are different)

During the Job BackupExec write the Exchnage Files correctly to the Temp-Folder, so this is available to.

Anyone aout there with the same Problem....or better, with a hint for a solution?

Thanks & Regards

Axel

11 REPLIES 11

Axel_medical
Level 3

Here is the debig logfile

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Axel, 

Could you please provide job logs for both the successful full backup and the failing Incremental backup. 

Axel_medical
Level 3

Hi Donald,

thanks for your reply. The Logs are attached.

Regards

Axel

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thank you Axel... If you would please run the incremental job again with debug enabled so that we can reproduce the issue and see exactly whats going on from when the job kicks off to when it fails.. You would need to debug both the exchange and media servers then post the logs. If you would prefer you could PM me with the logs

View link below on enabling exchange debugging

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124453

Axel_medical
Level 3

Dear Donald,

just noticed, that the Notification about your new comment was catched from my SPAM Protection...I proceed as you described and deliver the Logs.

Regards

Axel

Axel_medical
Level 3

Dear Donald,

attached are the debug-Logs and the Job Protocoll.

Servername: mr-BE is the BackupExec Server, mr-x2k3 is the ExchangeServer 2003

Regards

Axel

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks Axel, 

I am currently out of office but will be returning tomorrow do. I will try to review the logs for you today but will review them tomorrow morning at the very latest. In the mean time have you tried recreating the jobs at all? if not please do so, Create the new backup job to mimic the failing one kick off the full backup on its completition please kick off the incremental stage of the job and report its success or failure

Axel_medical
Level 3

Hi Donald,

yes I tried that with the same result - job fails.

Regards

Axel

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Axel, 

It looks like your having a VFF failure. we often see this in relation to a missing VFF driver. Please verify that this driver is successfully installed the doc below will detail exactly how to do so. View the instructions under scenario 2

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH49376

Axel_medical
Level 3

Hi Donald,

the fltmc-Command returns a 1, so the Driver should be correct installed. See attached screenshot from the fltmc-Command.

Do you have another tipp to get rid off the Problem?

Regards

Axel

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

would you be able to provide me with a look at the windows event logs for both the media and remote server during the time of the incremental backup