cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental Exchange backups fail!

chriscrytek
Level 3

Hello,

I am using backup exec 12 (fully patched), we are backing up exchange server 2007 with GRT Option on!

The full backup works perfect but incremental backups fail with following error:

Job ended: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 12:33:38 AM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Backup Set Detail Information
Media Label: IMG001976 GRT backup set folder: D:\BEData\IMG001976 V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-543 The required log files for recovery are missing. '

I get this mesage every day, backup is working partly till failure, everyday differnt "IMG00***" folder.

GRT is the only backup option we are using.

regards

Christian

Crytek

9 REPLIES 9

lmosla
Level 6

Hi

check to verify theBackup Exec Logon account has the following:

Backup account should be a member of Local administrator group and Backup Operators group on both media server and exchange server.
Account should have the Exchange Organization Administrator role (Exchange 2007).
Account should be Unique and should have an active mailbox.
Mailbox of the account should not be hidden in Exchange address lists.  

Refer to the solutions here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156285

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do ensure circular logging is disabled.

If Advanced Open File option is enabled, pls disable it and rerun the full backup followed by the incremental.

chriscrytek
Level 3

Hi VJware,

circular logging is disabled, we don't use any options execpt GRT so also no advanced open file options!

Christian

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

By default, AOFO is usually enabled, unless you already explicitly disabled it.

Since this is a generic error, debugging and having a look @ your setup will help. Would recommend to log a formal support case to do so.

chriscrytek
Level 3

HI VJware,

in the Job defaults AOFO is enabled but I disabled it in the Job itself by removing the checkmark "Use snapshot technology".

What is a formal support case?

regards

christian

chriscrytek
Level 3

I did this. I guess you mean the context in which the agent on the exchange server is running and the user that runs backupexec? It was running in local system context I changed to the same user who is running Backup exec services on the Media server( the media server is the backup exec machine?).

Just to clearify: you wrote "Exchange Administrator role" I guess yo mean group? Roles I understand usually as Server Roles.

Account is unique and has active mailbox.

regards

Christian

lmosla
Level 6

A formal support case is the creation of a support case.  You would need a active Maintenance contract to do this.  see: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO98877 and http://www.symantec.com/page.jsp?id=be_offers

chriscrytek
Level 3

Ok, now it doesn't backup anything anymore!!

Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\1FirstStorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\2SecondStorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\3ThirdStorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\4FourthStorageGroupEXTOFFICES was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\4StorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\5FifthStorageGroupEXTOFFICES was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\5StorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\6StorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\ITStore was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\ServiceStorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.

It stores 15,6 GB but if I browse Backup sets I can't find a single mailbox, funny is it says in job history "success with execptions"!

regards

christian

chriscrytek
Level 3

Ok, now backups are completly gone!

Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\1FirstStorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\2SecondStorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\3ThirdStorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\4FourthStorageGroupEXTOFFICES was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\4StorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\5FifthStorageGroupEXTOFFICES was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\5StorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\6StorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\ITStore was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.
Resource \\framail1.INTERN.CRYTEK.DE\Microsoft Information Store\ServiceStorageGroup was found in the previous instance of this job, but it is not present in this job.

In Job definition it didn't shows up any storage group, obviously logon with local system account for the agent is mandatory!!!

After I changed back the storage groups are visible again.

regards

christian