cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental job cannot backup the video?

akaw
Level 4

Is it true ? any input? 

Thanks,

10 REPLIES 10

akaw
Level 4

According to symantec tech support -

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...all your posts seem related...it's all got to do with backing up video files. Correct? If so, stick to the 1 thread rather and post there instead of opening up new posts all the time around the same topic...

THanks!

akaw
Level 4

.it's all got to do with backing up video files. Correct? YES 

CraigV

...OK then. Please stop opening multiple queries around the same thing asking the same questions. And I think you have your answer from Symantec tech support too...no need to take it further. If they say its not possible, then it isn't possible.

Thanks!

akaw
Level 4

Ok then. We will disolve the symantec in our organization

Thanks! 

CraigV

INCR is INCR...the next vendor's INCR job won't backup the files incrementally either...

Thanks!

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

The reason video files will not be backed up in an incremental backup is they are already backed up in the FULL backup. Incremental backups will only backup "changed files" and the video files never change.

Better option is to perform a FULL backup on the video files if you want to back them up...

Symantec Support and products are the best...so i leave upon you to dissolve Symantec or not...

Regards

Dev

CraigV

Dev: Already stated this in 1 of the many other forum posts the OP put through on this.

akaw
Level 4

That's what I'm doing so far.  I want is to backup only the newly captured video from CCTV using incremental 

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

Symantec backs up any and all files unless you tell it not to in some fashion. You could have an exclude that is preventing the file from being backed up. It could be the files are on a NAS unit and you have not checked the box that says backup NAS.

Since you have NetBackup in your shop I would assume you have a support contract and I would then suggest you open a case with them to find out why the incrementals are not capturing new video files.

I would also suggest you check to see if you are getting new video files. Maybe you CCTV system is broken.