Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental (modified time) Backup performs a full backup every day

Albert_Chaffman
Level 2
Backup Exec 11d
All servers are windows server 2003
possible issues are full backup, though runs fails with an error that I have yet to figure out (will be a separate question shortly).

The incremental back fails in the same manner. Does the Full backup, or every additional incremental need to complete successfully in order for the incremental to correctly only backup files that were modified since the last backup? If so, this that's crazy! I've only been having these problems since upgrading to 11d. When i was running BE 9.1, i never had issues like this.
2 REPLIES 2

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
There are issues with upgrading to 11 and keeping your backup jobs from the previous version. sometimes it is best to get rid of all selection lists, policies and jobs and start from a clean slate.

First I would ensure that the full backup is set to "reset acrchive bit"

If it is then try creating a new selection list and using that.

If the problem persists then use the clean slate approach.

Albert_Chaffman
Level 2
Well a couple things to answer that --

we upgraded to 11d at the same time as replacing the tape library with a larger lto-3 based library. When I installed 11d there was some error regarding the database - because I lost some parts of the database, namely the job history, however the catalogs of the old tapes are still there.

Just to throw a wrench in this question, I am planning on moving the media server to a separate server so I am not jepordizing our main F/P server with every little BackupExec issue. This may solve more then one issue with a clean install of backup exec, and clean & empty database. I will re-create the jobs, and catalog the media.

But in the meantime, if there are any suggestions, I am all ears.