cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incrementals and Differentials failing???

Carsen
Level 3
Hello,

I have setup a new backup job that runs a full (reset archive bit) job on Saturday night with differential (does not reset archive bit) jobs that run Monday night through to Friday night.

The full job runs fine, but the differential jobs seem to run full backups as they are no smaller than the full job size. I have checked the job logs and the same static system data is being backed up on all jobs which should only be done on the full backup.

I have also tried Inremental (reset archive bit) jobs, but they also appear to be running full backups.

I have tried with AOFO on and off...

The server being backed up is a Windows 2003 Server running Oracle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carsen
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you using the same selection list for the INCR/DIFF and FULL jobs

Carsen
Level 3
I am using policies and am using the same selection list.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Now that I think about it, that applied to Modified Time jobs rather that Archive Bit jobs

have you tried a Full (modified time) followed by INCR (Modified time) just for grins

Carsen
Level 3
Hmmm...I have not tried that...I might give that a shot this weekend...I am willing to try anything.

Carsen

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Also, some of the old virus scans would trigger the archive bit rather than just the "last accessed" bit

is there any application that scans the entire drive(s) every night that may do the same?

Carsen
Level 3
Not that I can think of.

This only started happening after I moved from 10d to 12.

Carsen