cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info store restore fails access is denied

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
My exchange server had a hardware failure that required wiping the drives.

Now I need to restore the server and Exchange.

Windows 2000 sp4, Exch 2000 sp3
BE 11D 7170, sp1

I did this a couple years ago with 8.6 and had no issues.

The Exchange server is a remote server running the remote agent.  It is in a different domain from the media server, but the domains are both W2k3 and the trusts are intact.  To backup Exchange I use the domain admin account for that domain, which is also the exchange admin account.

I have successfully done a manual restore of the C: & system state.  When I start the restore of the Info store, it hangs at 118Bytes, then jumps to 5mb and fails:

e0008488  Access is denied

There are no disabled accounts with mailboxes

I called support and everything he asked I had already tried.  Does anyone have ANY ideas?  I am on the 3rd day of downtime for this server and the pitchforks are out. 

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Alice,

Can you message me the case number?

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
{edit:case number removed]

Thanks

Message Edited by LakeRat on 12-03-2007 08:50 AM

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
I finally resolved this issue, so I am posting in case it happens to anyone else. 
I had followed the 'Disaster Recovery for Exchange' steps exactly.  The key was my dismounted stores.  When my server booted up after the OS restore, the stores were already dismounted, which is required for the restore, so I thought I was fine.

However, the Symantec tech I spoke to had me mount the stores, then dismount them.  Once I did that, the restore was successful.

Hope this will help others.