cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inhalt von Auswahllisten (vom System angelegt) zum duplizieren von Sicherungssätzen werde nicht gelöscht.

Mamatt
Not applicable

Eine Sicherungsrichtlinie ist wie folgt konfiguriert:
Vorlage1: Startet jeden Samstag um 22:00 Uhr ein Sicherungsjob als Backup2Disk
Vorlage2: Startet ein Duplizierungsauftrag (Duplizierung auf Band) nach Beendigung von Vorlage1
Vorlage3: Startet ein Duplizierungsauftrag von Sicherungssatz Vorlage1 (Duplizierung auf WORM Band) jeden letzten Sonntag im Monat um 06:00 Uhr.

Vorlage1 und Vorlage2 funktionieren immer Einwandfrei.
Vorlage3 hat das ersten Mal nachdem es konfiguriert wurde funktioniert und seitdem nicht mehr. Die Fehlermeldung lautet:
"ADAMM-Medienkennung konnte nicht festgestellt werden. Katalogabfrage fehlgeschlagen."
Es kommt zu dieser Fehlermeldung weil die Von BackupExec angelegt Auswahlliste (Auswahlliste 114) zu Vorlage3 nie bereinigt wird nachdem der Duplizierungsauftrag gelaufen ist.
Da der Datensatz Backup2Disk jedes Mal überschrieben wird, befindet sich in der "Auswahlliste 114" nur Verweise zu Sicherungssätze die im Katalog gar nicht mehr existieren.
Dagegen funktioniert Vorlage2 weil die von BackupExec angelegt Auswahlliste immer am Ende geleert wird.
Meine Frage lautet: Warum wird die Von BackupExec angelegt Auswahlliste zu Vorlage3 nie bereinigt?
System: BackupExec 12.5 mit SP3 auf win2K8 mit SP2 (64bit)
1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hmm sorry I can't speak German

This same problem was posted last week in a message called something like "selection list associated to a duplicate backup sets template never be purge" - however for some reason the complete thread is no longer present on the forums - a google seach gave me the approximate thread title. Shame it has gone missing as I answered it - I will try and reproduce my answer

Policy based duplicate jobs have 2 modes:
1) Run your duplicate immediately aftter each backup to disk job (or at least run it  before the next time the backup to disk job is scheduled to run)
2) Run your duplicate job after multiple backup to disk jobs run so that the duplicate contains the data from every job since the last duplicate. This mode requires all the backup to disk files used by each backup to disk job since the last duplicate to be available - and will  give catalog or media errors if the media is missing or has been overwritten.

Your template 2 is running like mode 1 and has no problems because it only needs to look at the data from the job immediately before the duplicate
Your template 3 is running like mode 2 and as you are overwriting the backup to disk (possibly) daily we would expect the errors you
mention.

Unfortunately we don't have a mode that is designed to only duplicate the last backup set even though other sets from the same job/template have not been duplicated (which is kind of what you need)

There is a workaround though - change Template 1 so it does not backup on Saturday. Create a template 4 to backup to disk on Saturday and then point your template 3 to duplicate template 4 (and possibly also make Template 2 duplicate Template 4 if you need this for the Saturday data as well)

The other workaround is to make Template 4 backup on a Sunday and then duplicate it with Template 3 and not to touch template 1.