cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instalation of SBS over Evaluation version

BobHobbs
Level 2

I have downloaded and installed what I thought was the evaluation version for SBS.  When I look at "About", I see "SBE 12 for Windows Servers" and nothing about being the SBS version.  It does have some agents installed that I don't need and the desktop and laptop option is not installed. 

I have ordered BE 12 SBS Standard and it should arrive in in a week or so.  How do I install the SBS software?  Do I need to uninstall the evaluation software or just enter the new license information when it arrives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BobHobbs
Level 2
Thanks.  I searched the forum's and the Administrators Guide looking for that bit of information and found nothing.  Lots of information on upgrading but nothing dealing with the evaluation download.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Should be able to just intall the serial on what you have

Aside from only running on MSSBS  the difference between BE Standard & BESBS is that SBS includes 1 SQL or 1 SQL + 1 Exchange serial.  The code itself is the same

BobHobbs
Level 2
Thanks.  I searched the forum's and the Administrators Guide looking for that bit of information and found nothing.  Lots of information on upgrading but nothing dealing with the evaluation download.