cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install backup exec agant on workgroup computer

irfanink
Level 4

i am trying to install Veritas Backup Exec agent on workgroup computer. but it give me error , Kindly guide me , how to install agent on workgroup  computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Typically workgroup computers may have ForceGuest enabled and/or may not  have accessible File Sharing, Remote RPC, WMI etc that are all required for a push install as such you will probably have to locally install the remote agent using the contents of the agents folder on the BE server itself (and then manually configure agent publishing and agent trusts afterwards.

Notes:

1) only do the local install in this way from a fully patched BE server

2) be aware that if any patches are released in the future that you willl have to manually apply these to the remote server as well

3) We do not recommend using BE in a Workgroup Environment just because of such issues.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Typically workgroup computers may have ForceGuest enabled and/or may not  have accessible File Sharing, Remote RPC, WMI etc that are all required for a push install as such you will probably have to locally install the remote agent using the contents of the agents folder on the BE server itself (and then manually configure agent publishing and agent trusts afterwards.

Notes:

1) only do the local install in this way from a fully patched BE server

2) be aware that if any patches are released in the future that you willl have to manually apply these to the remote server as well

3) We do not recommend using BE in a Workgroup Environment just because of such issues.