cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install failed with error code 1602

kakagol
Level 4

HI everyone,

Im using Backup exec 2010 R3 v13.0 and trying to deploy the agent to a server (Win Server 2003 64bit).
At 50% the deployment stops and keep receiving this error, during the loading the install:

Install failed with error code 1602

I am using domain admin user and even get the notification "Ready to apply 4 updates".
Event viewer has no logs in both client/server.

PLease help, thanks

16 REPLIES 16

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check for any instances of BE (you can see if you can use the Windows Cleanup Utility...you need to download it) on the remote server and remove them.

Alternatively, check the TN below to remove the RAWS instance and try the installation agani. If there is any AV on the server, stop/disable it.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH8798

Thanks!

kakagol
Level 4

on the remote server there is an agent, but backup is failing, so it needs to be updated. Is that what you mean for instances of BE?
Do i need to remove it and redeploy it?

Thanks

CraigV

You can try a reboot of the remote server, but I would normally just completely uninstall the RAWS agent (not necessarily via the TN I posted; only in extreme cases) and then push-install it again.

Alternatively, just update the RAWS agent manually...and make sure that if you have any firewall on the server, that it is either disabled or port 10000 is opened.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH70657

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

Please refer to this link 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136436 

Thanks,

-Sush...

kakagol
Level 4

Thanks for the answers,

@ Sush: it is failing using single deployment, not multi. It is not a trial version.

@ Craig: Firewall and AV have been turned off, it is failing when removing RAWS using Add and Remove Programs.

Should I upgrade the agent locally, copy/pasting the files from the server ? or

Follow the TN to uninstall?

Thanks

Sush---
Level 6

From C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents copy the RAWS32 folder (for 32 bit remote server) or RAWSx64 folder (for 64 bit remote server)  to the remote server which needs to be updated and then run the setup.ese which is inside this folder.

The above step will update the rempte agents on the server in question.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi Firewall and AV have been turned off, it is failing when removing RAWS using Add and Remove Programs. If it is failing to uninstall too ,you can follow the link given above by Craig to remove it manually and then after doing it restart the server and also clean up the files from c.program files-symantec-backup exec. And then install the agent locally again or try doing push install. Also if you have some doubts or confusion in removing remote agent manually please open up support case with Symantec were they can help you to clean up this and help in getting this fixed. Hope that helps Thanks

CraigV

...at this point in time there seems to be some serious corruption. I'd recommend using the TN to uninstall RAWS completely.

CraigV

...my post above describes how to do this via a TN!

kakagol
Level 4

Thanks, I am following the link to uninstall the RAWS manually (since Add and Remove did not work).

I cannot delete the folder   C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Raws

error is Cannot delete bebsdu.dll access denied , currently in use.

Also in the registry I have a key in HKEY Class route\Installer\Products....even thought it is not Win2000 (as specified) , Im using Win2003, do I need to remove the key as well?

Thanks

Sush---
Level 6

If that dll is loaded then it will not allow to delete it.

Try to reboot the server and then delete that dll.

Thanks,

-Sush...

kakagol
Level 4

thanks, and for the registry keys?

Sush---
Level 6

I would recommend to Export the registry key and then delete it.

Thanks,

-Sush...

ltjimster
Level 6

Uninstalling locally first helped with this particular problem i had but i had errors while trying to uninstall the agent locally from the server.

When i uninstalled it locally i got FATAL Error it said UNKNOWN and mentioned a key in the REGISTRY that i didnt have access to open and stopped me in my tracks.

So i googled the error and it was all to do with permissions that needed adjusting on the registry for certain keys, for me the key it was asking for was located;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components

But i just changed the permission on the COMPONENT folder instead of going for the one it was asking because i did the one it asked for and i ran into the same error but a different key, which kept happening to i just did the COMPONENT folder.

So on this link shows the what permissions need setting http://www.okino.com/conv/changing_windows_registry_permissions.htm but instead of right clicking on " C9AE13788D0B61F80AF18C3B9B1A1EE8" or which ever one your after and just do the COMPONENT folder instead then follow the rest of the instructions.

To install the remote agent you can browse to the Backup Exec Media servers local drive from the server in question you want to install Remote agent on, should be Servername\C$\program files\ symantec\backup exec\Agents\RAWS32 or RAWsx64 depending on your version.

Hope this helps

James

ltjimster
Level 6

sorry i meant error 1402 not 1602 when i tried uninstalling it locally but was 1602 when doing it from the media server via backup exec

James

pkh
   VIP    Certified