cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install remote agent keeps asking to reboot the server before it will install

Exchange_Agent
Level 4
I am trying to install a remote agent onto a server with Exchange 2007.
I have installed it before but uninstalled it as it wasn't working correctly.

If I try to install it now it keeps on saying I have to reboot the server to complete a previous installation of remote agent.
I have rebooted the server 3 times now and the message dosen't change....

Has any one got any ideas?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Exchange_Agent
Level 4
Forgot to say Its backupexec 11d rev7170

joriki
Level 3
I am having this same problem with installing the remote agent on Exchange 2007.

-J

Exchange_Agent
Level 4
Hi Joriki

I managed to get this working by manually installing on the remote server.

Good luck as you will need it. It dosen't look like this moderated Forum is moderated as Symantec have never answered any of my questions....

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

joriki
Level 3
Hywel -
Thanks, but that reg key does not exist in Ex2007. The backupexecfaq site looks useful.

Ex -
I tried the "manual" install option from BE, but since that threw the same error, I ran setup.exe from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWSX64. I'm rebooting now and will know in a few minutes.

-J

joriki
Level 3
This remote install seems to have worked. I redid the push just for good measure and it worked (and I was able to remove the agent tray icon that the standalone install required).

Hywel, I have one more question for you - where have you found documentation that states that Exchange Management Tools must be installed on the media server? I find no such direction from BE docs, and I don't want IIS on anything it doesn't have to be on.

-J