Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Agent UNIX -> AIX

Matthieu_Henneb
Level 3
Hi,

When I try to install Backup Exec Agent to AIX, here is the message :
./installralus: ./perl/AIX/bin/perl: introuvable.

Need help :(
7 REPLIES 7

Matthieu_Henneb
Level 3
I found the problem (not the good agent) but I don't find how to start manually the agent in AIX platform...

Matthieu_Henneb
Level 3
--> ./agent.be &

Don_Jennings
Level 3
Matthieu--

What was the resolution for this?  I'm having the exact same problem.  It appears that the installation doesn't include the perl binaries for AIX.  Did you have to get a newer version of RALUS from Symantec?

Thanks in advance.

--Don

Don_Jennings
Level 3
Just in case anybody else runs across this problem, I'll post the reply that I finally received from Symantec on this issue.  We were running BE 11.0.6235, and they recommended upgrading to 11.0.7170.  The RALUS agent at 7170 contains the necessary perl binaries for me to complete the installation on AIX.

Now, if I can just figure out the next obstacle...  BE seems to be choking on a directory that contains a 4GB file.  When we browse the remote directory from the backup server, it doesn't show ANY of the files in that directory.  But when I remove the 4GB file, then all the other files magically appear.  I'll probably repost this issue as a new message with additional details.  But in the meantime, if anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance.

Shawn_Hartford
Level 3
Don - have you heard anything back on the file issue. We have the exact same problem, but our size limit seems to be 2GB. As long as no file is over 2GB in size, able to backups from my Windows backups server no problem. Soon as a 2GB+ file show up, suddenly see nothing in the directory and I get "Access is denied" error to that directory.

Message Edited by Shawn Hartford on 08-27-200707:28 AM

Don_Jennings
Level 3
Shawn--

Symantec has recognized that it's a problem, but has yet to do anything to fix it.  Big surprise there, huh?  ;)

See the link below for additional information.

--Don

Using the 11D Remote Agent for Linux and UNIX Servers, attempts to browse a directory known to have contents fails to show those contents. Also, running a backup of the directory fails with a generic access is denied error.

Exact Error Message
Access is denied to directory....

Details:
Using the 11D Remote Agent for Linux and UNIX Servers (RALUS), attempts to browse a directory known to have contents fails to show those contents.  Also, running a backup of the directory fails with a generic access is denied error.  This has thus far been seen on AIX 5.2 and 5.3 on the JFS2 file system but may occur on other platforms.  It has been found that the trigger is any file of 2+ GB in size.  

Workaround

There is no Symantec-supported workaround available at this time.  The offending file will not be able to be protected by RALUS.  Moving the file out of the containing folder will allow enumeration and backup to function.

Shawn_Hartford
Level 3
Thanks very much for the update Don.

No, not suprised at all. Wonder why? Smiley Tongue

Cheers,
Shawn