cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of 11d - A NIGHTMARE. Pleae help.

Dave_Grams_2
Level 4
Since the day I got this product in my hand to upgrade from 9.1, I've been running into TONS of issues.
This is where I'm at now.

I have a server that has Windows2000 Server SP4 (rebuilt, with NO other software on it execpt for
network card drivers, tape drivers, IE6 upgrade)

I run the Symantec 11d disk, and it reports an error during the scan that the WMI is not functioning and may keep the SQL Express from installing.

Well... It does just that.

I followed Symantec's links to Microsofts site and downloaded the tool to check the WMI.
Micorosoft reports back that it is working perfectly.
Yet Symantic still reports it as being corrupt.
I ran through the manual COMMAND PROMPT commands to reset WMI, offered by Symantec,
and I still get all the same results.

Help.
I cant get the SQL Express installed.
When I run the SQL Express off the CD (without Backup Exec installing)  I get a "FILE CORRUPT" as the files are expanding (which is what happens during the Backup Exec Installation)

This is one issue.

My other big issue is that when I go to Symantec's web site to register my Serial Numbers to get Installation Codes for SQL Agent, Remote Agent, and my 11d - The site reports back that the installation codes are NOT NEEDED for my version, and the website has me just click OK to end.
....And yet my Symantec 11d installation is sitting on a screen asking for Installation Codes.  If I bypass this, it throws me into the 60 day evaluation.

Thank you for your help.  I need to get this going as soon as possible.

1 REPLY 1

Dave_Grams_2
Level 4