cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Remote Agent

shahid
Level 3
While I am trying to push/install remote agent on remote computer, it gives me following error:-

An error occurred while attempting to connect to the remote server \\Asa. The returned error is "The RPC server is unavailable. Verify that the remote server exists, that the name is spelled correctly, and that you can establish a network connection to it. For windows Vista/Server 2008 computers, ensure that File and Printer Sharing and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) are enabled on the Windows Firewall Exceptions list. For windows XP Pro SP2/Server 2003 SP1 computers, ensure that File and Printer Sharing is enabled on the Windows Firewall Exceptions list and enable the "Allow remote administration exception" group policy. Refer to your Microsoft documentation for more information.

My server has windows server 2003 operating system with SP1 and I am using Symantec Backup Exec (TM) 12 for Windows Server. Services of RPC in both Systems (media server i.e Asa and remote computer) are running and both systems are accessable to each other. I also disabled Windows Firewall but same error is occuring. I also enabled "Allow remote administration exception" in group policy, but same error is occuring. Please help me in installation of remote agent.
1 REPLY 1

Shane_Vincent
Level 4
Have you tried a manual install of the agent on the remote server.  I just when through it with a symantec tech.  Here is what he had me do..

Copy C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWS32  (for 32bit server or RAWS64 for 64bit)
to a temp folder on remote server

my problem was the advance open file option so my tech had me run the
setupaofo.cmd   which performs a silent install

however i believe you should be able to run just the setup.exe

hope this helps.