cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installationsproblem bei Backup Exec 11d auf SBS2008

geske-edv
Level 2

Hallo zusammen,

auf einem SBS2008 lief seit Jahren Backup Exec 11d einwandfrei. Nun ist der Server komplett gecrasht und ich darf die letzte Sicherung zurück holen. Ein individuelle Restore-Medium wurde damals nicht erstellt.

Nun habe ich SBS2008 frisch installiert und möchte Backup Exec 11d wieder installieren. Allerdings ist die Option "Install Backup Exec-software and options" ausgegraut und ich kann mit der Installation nicht fortfahren.

UAC ist deaktiviert und die Installation läuft im Kontext des ursprünglichen Admin-Benutzers. Wer kann helfen? Dankeschön!

Gruß

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

the BE 11d SCL doesn't show SBS 2008 as being supported...it looks like you have been running an unsupported configuration.

If you can't load BE 11d on it, you might have to look at BE 12.x onwards...load that, Inventory and Catalog the necessary tape/s and then do the restore.

Refer to the link below:

http://kbdownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/50000/TECH50...

Thanks!

geske-edv
Level 2

Hi,

that's no good news. And there is no other way to install BE11d for just ONE recovery?

BTW: The link doesn't work for me: error 403 - forbidden

Thanks.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can install BE 11d, however not on this particular OS. However, as CraigV mentioned earlier, you can install BE 12.x and then choose this version of BE to restore.

You can download BE 12.x from this link - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH66724&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1304611983828

Install BE 12.x on your rebuilt Windows SBS 2008 server and as you require this for just one recovery, you can install the product in trial mode (without any licences) with full functionality.

geske-edv
Level 2

I dont have BE 12 - but I tried another thing: Installed SBS 2008 first, then BE 2010 with all nessessary drivers. After that the system was able to do an inventory of the tape and I started a full restore job in restore mode. The job started and restored up to about 28% or so... after that the job and the whole system slows down, and more down, until it seems to stop completely. Just moving the mouse is the only thing I can do. This happend twice - with different tapes. Any ideas?

Thanks...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...OK, so it's progress. What are you trying to restore? Files and folders? Exchange & files and folders etc?

In what order are you trying to do the restore too...?

Thanks!