cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Licenses. Need to know license details

pts242
Level 4

Below is my Backup Exec 2014 license details:

SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014 SERVER WIN PER SERVER BNDL STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S ESSENTIAL

Can you please explain me what is this....?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You would need a remote agent licence in order to backup your NAS. Do not ask the same thing in a different way in different discussions. This is confusing

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

This looks like it is the media server license (BACKUP EXEC 2014 SERVER WIN). Essential is your support for the software itself.

Thanks!

pts242
Level 4

So can I add the NAS storage device to my backup list?

I mean I have a NAS device and I want to take backup from this NAS device. My Backup Exec is installed in Windows 2008 server.

Do I need another license for taking backup from remote NAS device? OR Does my current license support this also?

Clarify me please....

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You would need a remote agent licence in order to backup your NAS. Do not ask the same thing in a different way in different discussions. This is confusing

pts242
Level 4

Can you please advise me which remote agent license I should have to purchase? Because my NAS is not a windows OS..its ReadyNAS OS (netgear product).

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check with Netgear whether there is a way to install the Windows/Linux remote agent on the NAS.  If this can be done, then by the appropriate licence. If this cannot be done, then buy the Windows remote agent licence.

pts242
Level 4

Remote Agent for Linux / UNIX (RALUS Agent)  OR  Remote Agent for Windows. Which one should I have to go for?

Otherwise can you please direct me to concern licensing department. Also I would like to know the steps to add my NAS to be backed up in Backup Exec 2014.

Thank you your valuable replys.