cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 10 trial on top of 9.1

Bob_Babcock
Level 3
We want to install version 10 trial on top of version 9.1 to see if it fixes some performance problems we are having with backup to USB disks. What will happen if we then decide to go back to version 9.1? Will we be able to reinstall 9.1 without losing settings, will backups made with 10 be readable with 9.1, etc. I've imaged the server, but I can't really backup the USB drives that hold the backups. (I don't like doing this test on a production server, but we don't have spare hardware to do the test any other way. We're also doing duplicate backups to tape with an older but soon to be retired server, so it's not as bad as it could be.)
1 REPLY 1

Dhavalrai_Trive
Level 5
If you install 10.0 on top of 9.1 then before going back to 9.1 you will need to uninstal 10.0 and do a fresh 9.1 install there is no way to do a roll back to the older version.

If you want to save you old configuration then before the upgrade take a copy of the catalogs and the data directory of BE 9.1 to a different drive and after doing the fresh install of 9.1 you can copy the catalogs back and for the Job information you will need to copy the BEDB.bak file from the old DATA folder to the new one and do a Reload from backup using Beutility.