cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Backup Exec 10d Media Server

m_ellul
Level 4
Hi,

I am trying to install Backup Exec 10d for the media server ona test PC. Environmental check says that all is ok.

The installation seems to be getting stuck when creating the local backup exec MSDE 2000 (SP3a or later) instance to store the database on.

I am trying to install on a Windows Server 2003 SP2.

The installation log says that :

Product: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine -- Error 1335. The cabinet file 'SqlRun.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Does anyone know what to do? Can I install a database manually? if so what type of database should be installed? Is the latest MySQL (free version) compatible? And how do I get it to see the manually installed database?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I believe, the problem is with corrupt install. Download it again, or if doing from CD, copy it to local hard disk and then restart the install. Also, you may install the MSDE instance separately. Accepting defaults would not work for MSDE, as it works for SQL 2005. You may use following document for installing MSDE:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263147

Once MSDE is installed successfully, you can install Backup Exec and point it to this MSDE instance.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hey dude,

Install it manually, accepting all the defaults.
Once done, do a normal installation of BEWS. I've had this before and that's how I resolved it.
You can install MSDE and SQL2000 only.

Cheers!

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I believe, the problem is with corrupt install. Download it again, or if doing from CD, copy it to local hard disk and then restart the install. Also, you may install the MSDE instance separately. Accepting defaults would not work for MSDE, as it works for SQL 2005. You may use following document for installing MSDE:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263147

Once MSDE is installed successfully, you can install Backup Exec and point it to this MSDE instance.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

m_ellul
Level 4
Thanks Hermant Jain,

I got to install the program by first downloading and installing MSDE instance although it asks me for a usernae and password now to browse it.

Thanks again