cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Hotfix 201596 broke my system.

outlawbamse
Level 3

Hello all.

I've been experiencing high memory usage for beserver.exe (20GB+ after a few days) and applied the hotfix 201596. I have 3 BE servers, One CAS and two Managed servers. I followed the documents for installing the hotfix and that worked just fine.  However, after restarting the server the CAS seems to be partly broke, spamming out a high amount of error messages.

Two of the servers have the dedup option installed backing up 63 servers in total (30+ servers on each be server). I also have 2 HP MSL G3 series tape robots shared on all servers.

Server #1 MMS. I can backup and restore just fine using dedup.

Server #2 CAS Unable to backup and restore using dedup. It starts but exits after a minute with the error message:

"xxxVR01 Dedup FULL/INC-Incremental -- The job failed with the following error: An unknown error has occurred."

In addition a lot of error messages is generated when the CAS is rebooted/services restarted:

"(Server: "xxxBEXEC2") The number of remote computers that are configured in the Devices view has exceeded the maximum of 64. As a result, the following remote computers can only access storage that is attached directly to the Backup Exec server and cannot use client-side deduplication: TGHSVR01:10000 TRISVR02:10000 ullsvr02 ULLSVR02:10000 vahsvr01 VETSVR01:10000 To configure these remote computers for direct access to local storage or client-side deduplication, you must first remove one or more remote computer configurations from the Devices view. "

and

"(Server: "xxxBEXEC2") Backup Exec was unable to initialize and communicate with the device \\.\MediumChanger3 [HP MSL G3 Series 8.10] (Access is denied.). Click the link below for more information on how to diagnose the problem"

Backup using tape seems to work tho.

I uninstalled the hotfix but the problems persists. One odd thing about the first error message is that it seems like a BE2010 error message.

Did anyone else out there see this same problem or anything close?. Any hints are welcome :)

2 REPLIES 2

outlawbamse
Level 3

Forgot to mention that if I try to edit/add any dedup jobs on the CAS the following error dialog box is shown:

ndmp_error.png

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Please log a formal support case.