cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing License Key for BE 12.5 after Evaluation Install

scottnj
Level 2
Hi,

Just wanted to verify before going ahead with this. 

Successfully installed BE 12.5 using the eval copy and now we have a license key.  To install the valid license key, I go to the place where you enter the key,  but when I hit next I'm presented with what looks like an installation procedure....

Is this correct?  Id like to not have to recreate my jobs, etc or even reboot the server.  Will entering the valid key actually take me through a full reinstall???  Seems I should be able to just input a key without that hassle.  Maybe there is no hassle? 

First time doing this, so I just wanted to check with the pros!  Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
Hi scottnj,

Yes it seems that BE is doing installation when you add license keys to your BE server.

But dont worry, whenever you add license keys or install additional options, BE runs "installation" wizard which adds licenses and so on.

Only thing you need to consider is when running license add wizard, because the wizard restarts BE's services on media server. So dont add licenses or options when running backup jobs or BE maintenance task.

Edit: So when adding options or license keys, you dont loose any settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
Hi scottnj,

Yes it seems that BE is doing installation when you add license keys to your BE server.

But dont worry, whenever you add license keys or install additional options, BE runs "installation" wizard which adds licenses and so on.

Only thing you need to consider is when running license add wizard, because the wizard restarts BE's services on media server. So dont add licenses or options when running backup jobs or BE maintenance task.

Edit: So when adding options or license keys, you dont loose any settings.

scottnj
Level 2
OK, thanks for the clarification on that.  I figured it was a simple process, but I'd rather ind out before than later!  I'll make sure to do it when the system is idol.  Thanks so much for the help! 

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
You're welcome, have figured same thing some years ago:)