Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Backup Exec 2014 with EMC DD 2500

masax
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi Folks

I have to Integrate the EMC DD 2500 with the Backup Exec 2014 . I have two licenses DD bost and VTL .I am wondering , what would be the best practice to integrate DD 2500 with backup EXec

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Since you have the Boost licence, it would be better to to use your device as an OST appliance.  For this, you would need to purchase the BE dedup licence.  Once implemented, you would be able save disk space on your backups.  See the Deduplication chapter in the Admin Guide.

VTL = Virtual Tape Library, which means that your device will emulate a tape library.  Note that to use the device as a VTL, you would need to purchase the BE VTL licence.

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi masax,

You firstly need to make sure that BE 2014 supports your DD 2500, so check the HCL below:

http://origin-symwisedownload.symantec.com/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH214803/be_2014_hcl.html

Then check the link below and see if this helps you:

http://www.slideshare.net/symantec/technical-white-papersymantec-backup-exec-2014-blueprints-ost-powered-appliances

Thanks!

masax
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Thanks Craig V . It has given somewhat insight . Since new to the backup environment , what could be the VTL functionality ?

Any ideas

Thanks Folks for the comments.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Since you have the Boost licence, it would be better to to use your device as an OST appliance.  For this, you would need to purchase the BE dedup licence.  Once implemented, you would be able save disk space on your backups.  See the Deduplication chapter in the Admin Guide.

VTL = Virtual Tape Library, which means that your device will emulate a tape library.  Note that to use the device as a VTL, you would need to purchase the BE VTL licence.

CraigV